Baked Stuffed Papayas1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Baked Stuffed Papayas
- Cook and stir beef, onion and garlic in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until beef is light brown.
- Drain; stir in tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, salt and pepper.
- Break up tomatoes with fork.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, until most of the liquid is evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Cut papayas lengthwise into halves and remove seeds.
- Place about 1/3 cup beef mixture in each papaya half.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Arrange in shallow roasting pan.
- Pour very hot water into pan to within 1 inch of tops of papaya halves.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees until papayas are very tender and hot, about 30 minutes.