Baked, Stuffed Beef Heart with Parsley Stuffing
My British mother-in-law taught me this recipe, but she never measured anything so I guessed at amounts and it always tastes wonderful. You can adjust it to your own taste. This works equaly well with pig heart and venison heart.
- beef heart
- 1 c
- bread crumbs, fresh or dry
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 c
- parsley, chopped fresh or dry
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- 1/2 c
- onion, finely choped
- salt to taste
- you will also need a big needle and heavy thread to close the heart bfore baking.
How to Make Baked, Stuffed Beef Heart with Parsley Stuffing
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have a small roaster with lid ready.
- 2Clean heart of any excess fat and veins.
- 3In bowl, mix bread crumbs, egg, parsley, and onion.
Add salt to taste. Add more moisture if too dry.
- 4Lay heart open and place stuffing in center. Wrap heart around stuffing and sew together with needle and heavy thread. You could probably wrap heavy thread around heart to close if you prefer.
- 5Place heart in roaster with a little beef stock or fat for moisture. Bake covered for 1 to 1 1/2 hour or until tender. Check during cooking and baste if necessary.
- 6Cut into crosswise slices to serve.