Baked, Stuffed Beef Heart with Parsley Stuffing
My British mother-in-law taught me this recipe, but she never measured anything so I guessed at amounts and it always tastes wonderful. You can adjust it to your own taste. This works equaly well with pig heart and venison heart.
1 cbread crumbs, fresh or dry
1egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cparsley, chopped fresh or dry
1/4 cbutter, melted
1/2 conion, finely choped
·salt to taste
·you will also need a big needle and heavy thread to close the heart bfore baking.
How to Make Baked, Stuffed Beef Heart with Parsley Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have a small roaster with lid ready.
- Clean heart of any excess fat and veins.
- In bowl, mix bread crumbs, egg, parsley, and onion.
Add salt to taste. Add more moisture if too dry.
- Lay heart open and place stuffing in center. Wrap heart around stuffing and sew together with needle and heavy thread. You could probably wrap heavy thread around heart to close if you prefer.
- Place heart in roaster with a little beef stock or fat for moisture. Bake covered for 1 to 1 1/2 hour or until tender. Check during cooking and baste if necessary.
- Cut into crosswise slices to serve.