Baked Steak and Onions
If your cut of meat seems excessively tough, try baking at 250 F for 3 hours, instead of the recommended 350 F for 2 hours.
- 3 lb
- beef chuck steak, trimmed of fat and sinew, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 3 medium
- onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 c
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 pinch
How to Make Baked Steak and Onions
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 2Put flour into a large, sealable plastic bag; add beef cubes and seal bag.
Shake bag to coat beef in flour; transfer beef to a large casserole dish.
- 3Top beef with sliced onions.
Whisk water, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and sugar together in a bowl; pour over the onion slices.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- 4Bake in preheated oven until the beef is tender enough to pull apart with a fork, about 2 hours.
Best served over a bed of hot rice