- 6 to 8
- cube steaks
- 1 Tbsp
- seasoning salt (you might not use it all)
- 1 can(s)
- can mushroom soup (large can)
- 1 jar(s)
- heinz beef gravy (large jar)
- peppered flour (flour and pepper for dredging)
- vegetable shortening
How to Make Baked Steak
- 1In large crock pot, combine soup and gravy, mix well, turn on high.
- 2Mix flour and pepper to taste, set aside. Pound cube steaks just a bit, not too thin but broken down a little. Sprinkle with seasoning salt to taste on both sides. Dredge in peppered flour.
- 3In large skillet, heat vegetable shortening for frying. Fry each cube steak until just browned on both sides.
- 4Put steaks directly from the skillet to the crock pot with tongs (dont pat or drain steaks) Press each steak to the bottom. As crock becomes full its harder to cover the steaks but as the gravy warms its a little easier to mix and cover steaks.
- 5Lower temp on crock to low and cook 6 hours or longer if need be. Try and move steaks around once or twice so they are thoroughly coated before covering for the long cook.