★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 12 large
- fresh roasted green chili pods, seeded
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped
- 10 oz
- cheddar or longhorn cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 c
- 4 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- salt (or to taste)
- 10 dash(es)
- bottled hot sauce
- pepper to taste
How to Make Baked Chili Rellenos
- 1Brown beef and onion; drain fat off.
- 2Sprinkle meat with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 3Half chilies crosswise, remove seeds. Place half the chilies in a 10 x 6 x 1 ½ inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheese; top with meat mixture.
- 4Arrange remaining chilies over meat.
- 5Combine remaining ingredients; beat until smooth. Pour over chilies.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 45 – 50 minutes, until knife inserted comes out clean.
- 7Cool 5 minutes before serving.