Bacon Fried Liver
How to Make Bacon Fried Liver
- Rinse the calves liver under cold running water. Cut out any tough areas (Usually where the veins run through the liver.)
- With a very sharp knife slice the liver into thin strips then cut into thinner strips that resemble french fry cuts.
- Put the crushed saltine in a quart size zip top baggie.
- Put a good amount of bacon drippings in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. [You don't want the dripping so hot they smoke.]
- Drag a few of the bacon strip through the egg wash and shake of excess.
Then drop into the baggie and coat with saltine crumbs.
- Gently lay the liver strips into the hot bacon drippings with enough room that you can turn them easily. Brown on all sides and remove to a plate covered in several layers of paper towel. Continue until all liver is cooked. [Note: The liver cooks very quickly so don't over cook it.] Eat.