Bacon Cheese Stuffed Double Burgers
Make two thin patties and place the goodies in between. This way you can make more than your typical burger, without losing the patty to the fire.
The process is simple. Start by deciding how many burgers you want to make.
Divide the meat you are using into twice as many pieces. Don't add anything to the meat that might make it less dense. Press each piece out into a normal sized patty but about a quarter inch thick. Now you're ready to stuff the patties.
What you put in the patty should be small in size and portion. If you over-stuff it, it will come apart on the grill. You should also try to avoid anything that
has a lot of moisture. Grated cheese, chopped peppers, chopped and sautéed mushrooms work great. Practically anything you like on a burger will work.
Once you have the stuffing ready, place it in the center of one patty. Spread it out, leaving plenty of room all around the edges.
Place the second patty on top and
press the edges together. Make sure that you have a good solid patty that isn't more than an inch thick.
With the patties ready, follow the same basic method for grilling a hamburger.
Start with a very hot grill, let the patty release from the cooking surface and be gentle with the flipping.
If you do it right, you should only have the flip the patties once. Serve with your favorite toppings and watch the surprise on peoples faces as they bite into these wonderful hamburgers.
- 1/4 lb
- pound chopped, crisp cooked bacon
- 1/2 large
- onion diced
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef (i like to mix with ground sirloin)
- 1 tsp
- spike (or seasoned salt)
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Bacon Cheese Stuffed Double Burgers
- 1Combine bacon, onion, cheddar cheese and set aside.
- 2Combine beef, spike and beer, mix thoroughly, the shape into 6 thin patties.
- 3Put bacon/onion/cheese mixture on 3 patties.
- 4Top with remaining 3 patties and press edges to seal.
- 5Grill, broil or pan fry until well done, about 4-to-6 minutes per side (depends how done you like them).
- 6Double or triple the recipe...depending on how many will be their to enjoy your wonderful burgers.
Grill or steam buns, dress burgers as you please.