Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- 2 slice
- turkey bacon or regular bacon
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1-1/2 oz
- portabella mushrooms, finely chopped, or chopped olives if desired.
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- 1/2 tsp
- each of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp
- worchestershire sauce
- 2 oz
- reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded or diced
- 2 Tbsp
- ground flaxseed
- whole grain hamburger buns
How to Make Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- 1Prepare bacon. drain on paper towel. Chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- 2In large mixing bowl, use your hands to thoroughly mix together next 7 ingredients. Mix in chopped bacon. Dampen hands and form into 4 equal size balls, then gently press into patties, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- 3Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium high, and brush the grill grates with oil. Grill burgers about 5 minutes on each side to desired doneness.
- 4Remove burgers to let rest on clean plate while you warm the buns. Add additional toppings as desired.