Baby Shower for Little Judah, 8/31/2013
- pot of mr. macgregor's carrot-butternut squash soup
- crockpot of mrs. rabbit's apricot-orange spiced meatballs
- tray of wendy's spinach dip with hawaiian bread
- tray of croissants filled with jodi's chicken salad
- tray of sliced melon and strawberries
- vegetable tray with ranch hummus dip
- of delena's carrot cupcakes with buttercream frosting
- iced tea and coffee
- invitation by jamie to a lovely luncheon
How to Make Baby Shower for Little Judah, 8/31/2013
- 1The soup was partly homemade, partly using a convenience item. I used a base of Pacific brand organic creamy butternut squash soup (2 quarts). I made a carrot puree with 1 pound of cooked and drained carrots, 2 cups cream, 1/4 cup butter, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. I combined my carrot puree with the butternut squash soup, and added onion powder and garlic salt to taste.
- 2The meatballs were easy, too. I combined one jar of apricot preserves, one jar of orange marmalade, and a very small jar of mild red pepper jelly. I heated those and added in 3 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, and 2 tsp red pepper flakes. Once heated and well blended, I poured it over 1 1/2 pounds of meatballs in a crock pot and set it to high for 30 minutes, then low until serving time. I used precooked frozen meatballs.
- 4Another friend Jodi made some excellent chicken salad and served it up on purchased croissants. VERY tasty! Jodi's recipe is a family secret, but it starts with a 3 1/2 pound chicken and a crock pot. Not a lot of additives, just the right blend of onions and garlic. This was very spreadable chicken salad.
- 7DeLena made the carrot cupcakes from scratch, using a friend's mother's recipe. The tops were frosted with homemade buttercream frosting, and decorated with a sliced baby carrot and sprig of parsley.
DeLena's Carrot Cake Cupcakes