Auntie's Sloppy Joe's
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/4 lbground beef - lean
1/4 cbrown sugar (i use dark)
1 Tbspsteak seasoning blend
1 mediumonion - chopped
1 smallbell pepper - chopped
1 Tbspred wine vinegar
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
2 ctomato sauce
2 Tbsptomato paste
1 pkgpotato buns
·cheese slices - they like american
How to Make Auntie's Sloppy Joe's
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add OIL, ONION, BELL PEPPER and MEAT to the pan. Break up the meat and begin to brown.
- Combine BROWN SUGAR and STEAK SEASONING. Add this to pan with the other ingredients. <if I use very lean meat I do not drain, however if there is a lot of grease, then I will drain first and then add this to the meat mixture>
- Reduce meat to medium and add the RED WINE VINEGAR and WORCESTERSHIRE.
- Add TOMATOE SAUCE and TOMATOE PASTE. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook mixture about 5 mintes.
- We will make baked beans and french fries to finish off this meal along with some vegie sticks.
Serve on Potatoe Buns. <The guys like to put a slice of cheese. My daughter likes to put it on top of her french fries, and I just like it plain on a bun>