Armadillo On A Half Shell-Appetizer
Mary R Morris
- 2-boxes chopped broccoli
- 1-lb roll of jimmy dean sausage
- 1(15 oz )jar cheese whiz
- 12 pistolettes
- 1 stick of butter
- garlic power to taste
- chopped jalapenos to taste(i often leave out)
How to Make Armadillo On A Half Shell-Appetizer
- 1Cut each pistolette -diagonally in half and scoop out the center.Place the removed bread in a bowl;set aside .Stand pistolettes in a large dish ,cut ends up.
- 2Cook broccoli as per package directions ,and drain very well.Break up sausage and brown ;and drain.Combine with broccoli.Add Cheese Whiz and jalapenos to taste to broccoli and sausage mixture.Add the bread that was scooped out .Mix Well
- 3Stuff mixture in the cavity of each pistolette.Do not over stuff,just stuff to the top.After stuffing all pistolette,melt butter and garlic in bowl.Put 1/2 teaspoon of the butter and garlic mixture on top of each pistolette.Bake at 450 degrees in the oven for app.12 to 15 minutes or untill crispy.
- 4Personal Note::I often cut this recipe in half and just use 6 pistolettes ,if there is just two or three of us..If you can not find pistolettes,just use french rolls (mini)and cut in half.