Apple Stuffed Steak
2 cfresh bread crumbs, divided
6 Tbspfresh parsley, minced, divided
2 Tbsp+ 1 teaspoon butter, divided
1 smallred or green bell pepper, diced
2 Tbspgarlic (minced), divided
2 1/2 lbbottom round steak, 2 inches thick
1 mediumgranny smith apples (diced with peel)
1/2 tspsage, dried
1/2 tspthyme, dried
1/2 tsprosemary, dried
How to Make Apple Stuffed Steak
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine 1 cup bread crumbs, 4 Tbsp parsley, 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, 1/2 tsp sage, 1/2 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp rosemary.
- In small skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter over low heat.
- Add red pepper, garlic, and diced apples.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until pepper softens and apples caramelize, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in bread crumb mixture.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place steak on work surface.
- With knife cut pocket in meat by slicing steak almost in half lengthwise.
- Open pocked; spoon in stuffing.
- Tie in several places with kitchen string or toothpicks.
- Melt remaining, butter and add garlic, then brush over steak.
- Combine remaining bread crumbs (with out apples and bell peppers), parsley, salt and pepper.
- Roll steak in bread crumb mixture to coat; place on rack set in roasting pan.
- Cook 18 to 20 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Ready to serve in 1 hour 15 minutes.