Another Twist On My Meat Loaf
2 lbground beef or turkey
25saltine crackers, crushed by hand
·enough milk to moisten crackers
1 Tbspdry mustard
1 largeonion chopped
1 tspground sage ( optional )
1 pkg9 oz. chopped spinach ( squeezed dry )
2 cwhite chedder cheese, divided into thirds
1 choney bbq or your favorite
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Another Twist On My Meat Loaf
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Place meat into a large mixing bowl add eggs, crackers, a splash of milk on crushed saltines, (enough to moisten; not soggy) dry mustard, catsup, onion and chopped onion.
- Mix until all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Place non-stick foil on a cookie sheet.
- Place half of meat mixture onto cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil and shape into a loaf and press down to flatten top
- Cover prepared loaf with a layer of cheese, spinach, and more cheese on top.
- Add other half of meat mixture to top of cheese and spinach and press over to seal sides and shape into a large loaf.
- Place in center of oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from oven and brush on BBQ sauce on top and sides.
- Place remaining white cheddar cheese on top and return to oven until BBQ has browned and cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and let set to cool a little before slicing.
- Place on serving platter and slice and serve with your favorite vegetables, poatatoes or rice. ENJOY!