Another Twist On My Meat Loaf
- 2 lb
- ground beef or turkey
- 2 large
- saltine crackers, crushed by hand
- enough milk to moisten crackers
- 1 Tbsp
- dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 large
- onion chopped
- 1 tsp
- ground sage ( optional )
- 1 pkg
- 9 oz. chopped spinach ( squeezed dry )
- 2 c
- white chedder cheese, divided into thirds
- 1 c
- honey bbq or your favorite
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Another Twist On My Meat Loaf
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- 2Place meat into a large mixing bowl add eggs, crackers, a splash of milk on crushed saltines, (enough to moisten; not soggy) dry mustard, catsup, onion and chopped onion.
- 3Mix until all ingredients are mixed together well.
- 4Place non-stick foil on a cookie sheet.
- 5Place half of meat mixture onto cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil and shape into a loaf and press down to flatten top
- 6Cover prepared loaf with a layer of cheese, spinach, and more cheese on top.
- 7Add other half of meat mixture to top of cheese and spinach and press over to seal sides and shape into a large loaf.
- 8Place in center of oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- 9Remove from oven and brush on BBQ sauce on top and sides.
- 10Place remaining white cheddar cheese on top and return to oven until BBQ has browned and cheese has melted.
- 11Remove from oven and let set to cool a little before slicing.
- 12Place on serving platter and slice and serve with your favorite vegetables, poatatoes or rice. ENJOY!