How to Make Amma's Meatloaf
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Begin by crushing saltine crackers in their package until they are fine crumbs (this was always my job). Add to large mixing bowl.
- 3Add remaining ingredients to bowl, except beef. Mix well.
- 4Add ground beef and mix until combined.
- 5Place mixture into a baking dish and mold into shape (I usually leave extra room around the edges to allow for any fat drainage). Any dish will work, but may affect cooking times. I've used a regular loaf pan (glass or metal), as well as 9"x9" or 9"x13" glass casserole pans. Much of this recipe is "eyeballing" ingredients and done-ness. If unsure, cook until internal temperature reads at least 160° (beef, well). This usually takes about 45-60 minutes.
- 6ALTERNATIVE OPTION: I came up with a quicker way to make this for dinner when I'm short on time. I'll shape the mixture into patties and cook them in the frying pan. This way, they'll cook as quick as a burger and each portion has the crusty goodness of the end piece! I usually get about 6 patties.