- 3.5 lb
- beef pot roast, boneless
- 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- 5/8 tsp
- carrots, pared and cut into 2" pieces
- potatoes, peeled and quartered
- onions, sliced
- celery stalk, cut into chunks
- 2 oz
- mushrooms, drained
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
How to Make America's Favorite Pot Roast
- 1Trim all excess fat from roast; brown and drain if using chuck or another highly marbled cut.
- 2Combine 1/4 cup flour, the salt and pepper.
- 3Coat meat with the flour mixture.
- 4Place all vegetables except mushrooms in crockpot and top with roast (cut roast in half, if necessary, to fit easily).
- 5Spread mushrooms evenly over top of roast.
- 6Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
- 7If desired, turn to high during last hour to soften vegetables and make a gravy.
- 8To thicken gravy, make a smooth paste of the 3 tablespoons flour and the water and stir into crockpot.
- 9Season to taste before serving.
About America's Favorite Pot Roast
You May Also Like:
Show 1 Comment & Review