American Chop Suey
1medium sweet onion diced/chopped
1 large1 large green pepper or 6 mini peppers diced/chopped
2 ozbaby bella mushrooms or whole 4oz package chopped
3/4 boxelbow pasta
2 jar(s)1 jar classico italian sausage pasta sauce or your choice, add second jar as needed
2 lb85% lean hamburger
How to Make American Chop Suey
- Saute -- Onions until opaque, add Peppers and cook until tender, add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are soft. Use 1/2 stick salted butter or 1/4 stick and 1 tbs olive oil. Add seasonings Set aside in mixing bowl.
- In large skillet cook hamburger, breaking it into small pieces. Add 1 jar of pasta sauce and stir into hamburger. Add saute mix. Set aside
- cook 3/4 box of elbow pasta al dente about 7 min. Drain thoroughly. Add pasta to skillet and mix ingredients. add more pasta sauce if required later on as sauce will be absorbed.
- Before serving sprinkle dish with Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese. Add a slice of garlic bread to accent the dish.
- Prep and cooking time approximately 30 min.