2 lbground chuck
15 oz can(s)spanish rice
8 ozquesadilla semi-soft cheese for melting with jalapenos
10 oz can(s)enchilada sauce
8 ozmexican cheese dip
1 1/2 tspadobo all purpose season salt
How to Make American Chile Relleno
- Preheat oven to 350
- Season ground chuck with Adobo while browning.
Add Spanish rice and simmer till slightly reduced
Strain excess fat and sauce and set aside.
- Core Bell peppers and clean out the seeds and veins
- Slice Quesadilla cheese into pieces
- Spoon in a little beef and rice mixture into pepper add cheese and repeat layers of mixture and cheese till pepper is full.
- Stand peppers up in small casserole or backing dish and place in oven 45 min - 1 hour until pepper is tender and filling is hot.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Heat up enchilada sauce
- Heat up cheese dip.
- Lay single pepper on its side in the middle of a dinner plate. Slice open long way and drizzle with enchilada sauce and cheese dip. Repeat for 4 dinner plates