ALL DAY CUBE STEAKS
1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspdry mustard
2 lbcube steak
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 largeonion, sliced
1 pkgbrown gravy mix
How to Make ALL DAY CUBE STEAKS
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, garlic powder and ground mustard.
- Dredge the cube steaks in the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the steaks in vegetable oil. Remove and place steaks in the slow cooker.
- Add the onion to the same skillet and cook for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the gravy mix and water together. Pour into the skillet with onions, scraping up the browned pieces.
- Pour the gravy and onions over the meat in the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours, or on HIGH for 5-6 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes to take advantage of the rich gravy.
- NOTE: You may want to lower the quantity of salt if you are sensitive to it or watching your salt intake.