2 1/2+ lbbeef rump roast
1 Tbsponion powder
1 Tbspgarlic powder
2 Tbspblack pepper
1 Tbspsea salt or to taste
1 cstrong coffee ( i used the leftover from morning)
4 tspbutter or margerine
How to Make Accidental perfect rump roast
- pre-heat the oven to 450
- remove the netting from the roast.
- Melt butter in a heavy, oven proof skillet, I use cast iron.
- brown the roast on all sides in the butter.
- rub all spices all over the roast and leave it in the skillet.
- add the cup of coffee and a cup of water.
- place in oven, let cook 1/2 hour, turn over and repeat for the next two hours.
- remove from oven, let sit 10 minutes and slice across grain.
- place roast on platter, set skillet on stove on medium heat, add tablespoon of cornstarch and let come to boil until thickened, stirring constantly. This is an awesome sauce/gravy.