1950'S Spanish Rice Aka Texas Hash
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Karen LaValley on Cooks.com.
- 1 1/3 c
- instant minute rice (up to 1 3/4 cup)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- onion, diced
- whole green bell pepper, diced
- 1 14-oz can(s)
- crushed tomatoes
- 1 8-oz can(s)
- tomato sauce (or 2 cans if desired)
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make 1950'S Spanish Rice Aka Texas Hash
- 1In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
- 2Cook onion, green bell pepper, garlic and rice for several minutes, then add ground beef; cook until meat is no longer pink.
- 3In a bowl, add mustard, crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Mix well.
- 4Drain grease from meat mixture.
- 5Add tomato mixture.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Cook on low heat, covered, for 20 minutes.
1 10-ounce can of Rotel can be substituted for the crushed tomatoes.
Add shredded cheese at end if desired.