1950'S Spanish Rice Aka Texas Hash
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Karen LaValley on Cooks.com.
1 1/3 cinstant minute rice (up to 1 3/4 cup)
1/2 conion, diced
1/2whole green bell pepper, diced
1 14-oz can(s)crushed tomatoes
1 8-oz can(s)tomato sauce (or 2 cans if desired)
1 lbground beef
1 clovegarlic, minced
How to Make 1950'S Spanish Rice Aka Texas Hash
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
- Cook onion, green bell pepper, garlic and rice for several minutes, then add ground beef; cook until meat is no longer pink.
- In a bowl, add mustard, crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Drain grease from meat mixture.
- Add tomato mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low heat, covered, for 20 minutes.
1 10-ounce can of Rotel can be substituted for the crushed tomatoes.
Add shredded cheese at end if desired.