10 min Budget Beef Stroganoff by freda
Tip: This can also be made from Ground round or Hamburger, Sirloin, or Tenderloin, all in the same way.
- cooked noodles rice or potatoes (cooked per pkg instructions)
- 1 lb
- left over roast beef, cut in thin 1
- 6 Tbs
- 1 med
- onion diced
- 1/2 lb
- fresh sliced mushroons or (1) sm jar/can drained.
- 1/2 tsp
- tsp dry tarragon (optional) gives a nice flavor
- 1 cup
- sour cream
- season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 1-2 tsp
- kitchen bouquet sauce as desired for color and flavor
10 MIN STROGANOFF ( IF POT ROAST IS USED AND CUT INTO 1" THIN STRIPS)
How to Make 10 min Budget Beef Stroganoff by freda
- 1Have your Noodles, Rice or Mashed Taters Cooked drained, Buttered and "set aside" and ready for this dish.
Over med Heat, Melt 3 Tbs of butter in Skillet.
Add Beef, Cook Quick just to Brn meat well or
(only Heat Well, if using leftovers.)
(NOT SO HIGH YOU BURN THE BUTTER)
Sprinkle salt pepper over Meat,
when heated and browned, REMOVE FROM HEAT! Set aside in bowl.
- 3in the same pan; add the other 3 Tbs butter to Pan, add Mushrooms, cook about 4 min. stirr occasionally. Sprinkle with garlic.
Reduce Heat to Low,
Add Sourcream to Mushrooms Stirr well.
Add kitchen Bouguet, Stir,
(DO NOT SIMMER OR BOIL)
Add meat to Sourcream and Mushrooms, Stir well.
Season to taste.
Remove from Heat, & Serve Hot.
Serve over Hot Buttered Noodles, Fettucini, mashed Potatoes, or Rice, With your favorite green Vegies.
NOTE: Mushrooms can be Omited if on a tight budget.