Vegetable Stir Fried Rice
The prep work takes longer than the cooking time. I like to put each vegetable into it's own bowl, and set them in the order I want to add them to the wok.
3 cday old, cooked rice
SUGGESTED VEGGIES - ADD AS MANY AS YOU LIKE AND WHAT YOU LIKE
1/2 - 1 ceach: frozen corn, and peas
1/2 - 1 ceach: thin sliced carrots, sugar snaps cut in bite sized pieces
1/2 - 1 ceach: onion slivers (not rings), small broccoli florets (and rounds cut from the stem)
1/2 ceach: thin sliced bok choy, napa cabbage, mushrooms
2eggs, scrambled (i scramble them in a small skillet just before i start the stir fry. for me it is easier than trying to do them in the wok,)
1 pkgfried rice seasoning (sunbird® is good)
1 Tbsptamari or soy sauce
How to Make Vegetable Stir Fried Rice
- In a wok, heat oil. When oil is hot, add onion and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and heat through.
- Sprinkle seasoning mix over rice and mix well. Stir in tamari.
- Make a well in the center of the rice and add the carrots, then broccoli, etc., stir fry for a minute or two after each addition. You want the veggies tender crisp, so start with the things that take longer to cook.
- Then sir in frozen veggies and scrambled eggs. Heat through and serve.