Two Way Fried Rice
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 can(s)spam, cubed
12 ozfrozen salad style shrimp
4 crice prepared the day before and kept cold
6 to 8 ozfrozen peas and carrots
1 bunchgreen onions chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 tspminced garlic
1 Tbsphoisin sauce
1/4 coyster sauce
1/4 csoy sauce
3eggs beaten well
8 oz can(s)pineapple tidbits
1/2 csweet & sour sauce
How to Make Two Way Fried Rice
- Assemble all your ingredients as this goes together quickly
- Place the cubed spam in a 10 inch non stick skillet with the hoisin sauce and fry at medium heat until the spam is nicely glazed and beginning to brown.
- While the spam is cooking place shrimp and the peas and carrots in a colander and run warm water over this until thawed about five minutes leave to drain while you prepare the rest.
- Place the drained pineapple and the sweet and sour sauce in a small sauce pan over low heat to warm.
- Remove the spam from the skillet wipe clean and add the eggs to the same skillet, cook to a soft scramble and remove from the heat.
- Spray the bottom of a 12 inch nonstick skillet with the non stick spray. Add the rice in a layer to the skillet and spray the top of the rice with the nonstick spray add the garlic and mix well until all the grains of rice are coated with some of the spray adding more spray if needed. (You may also add sesame oil at this stage if your family likes the taste.)
- Begin frying the rice over medium to high heat stirring often so the garlic will not burn.
- When the rice is heated through stirring well after each addition add the spam, shrimp and veggie combo, the oyster sauce and the soy sauce. When this heated through add the green onions and the eggs.
- When this is heated through and well mixed remove half and keep warm. To the remaining stir fry add the warmed pineapple sweet and sour combo stir well.
- There you have it rice two ways enjoy.