Thai Chicken Coconut Curry Soup
When my husband saw me make this the first time he was very skeptical and he loved it.
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1, 14oz can(s)
- coconut milk
- 8 oz
- mushrooms, sliced
- lemongrass stalks
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 1/2 c
- thai basil or cilantro
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- red thai curry paste
- fresh lime juice, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
How to Make Thai Chicken Coconut Curry Soup
- 1Start by prepping your ingredients.
Dice chicken into large-ish bite sized pieces.
Clean and slice mushrooms
Chop cilantro or basil
Cut ends of lemon off and with the BACK of your knife bruise the stalks by whacking them several times up and down the stalk.
- 2In a dutch oven or large pot add the oil. Saute the mushrooms until they begin to brown, add the chicken and cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- 3Add in the broth and curry paste, stir.
Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to a low simmer.
Add the coconut milk.
Simmer on low for at least 30 minutes, but as with all soups, the longer it cooks, the more intense the flavor.
- 4Just before serving, remove the lemongrass stalks.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add a squeeze or two of fresh lime juice to taste. Don't overdo the lime.
Ladle into bowl and top with Thai basil or cilantro.