Teriyaki Tofu Easy!
How to Make Teriyaki Tofu Easy!
- NOTE: Freezing the Tofu and then letting it de-thaw before following directions, will give you a nice and chewy texture. Restaurants use this trick and since I have tried it, I will always use this method! What a difference it makes! The texture is far superior when using this trick. (even my Son loved it! :0 )
Remove tofu from box and cut into slices about a 1/4 inch thick. Cut these slices into triangles. Place the triangle slices on paper toweling, and cover with more paper towels. Make sure it is patted dry. Let it sit to absorb as much moisture as the toweling can take. You want them as dry as you can get them.
- Mix the soy sauce,Maple syrup, ginger and garlic together.
Place the tofu triangles into the soy mixture and marinate them for 30 minutes.
- Take out the marinated tofu from the soy mixture.
NOTE: Save the marinade for using as a sauce for the finished tofu.
Dip each piece into enough cornstarch to coat it. Start with about a half a cup cornstarch. It doesnt take alot to coat them.
- Pour oil in a frying pan to coat it well. Add cornstarch dipped tofu triangles to the hot oil, and fry for about 3 minutes, and turn them to fry the other side.
You can also fry longer if you want it crustier and crunchier.(see pictures)
- Drain the fried tofu on paper toweling to remove some of the oil.
Plate the tofu and drizzle the reserved marinade sauce over the tops of the triangles.