I can never make enough! Very delicious.
I highly recommend using spring roll shells from an oriental food market. I found that the ingredients to make good chinese food is found in those markets, and it's usually less expensive!
Enjoy and have fun!
1 pkgspring roll shells
1 mediumhead of cabbage. shredded.
2 mediumcarrots, shredded
2 ozrice noodles
1/4 clow sodium soy sauce
2 clovegarlic minced
1/4 cvegetable or chicken broth
2 tspground ginger
2 tspground black pepper
·peanut or vegt oil for frying
How to Make Spring Rolls
- Combine shredded cabbage, carrots, and scallions in large skillet. Mix together soy sauce, broth, garlic, ginger and pepper.Pour over vegetables. Stir fry until vegetables are soft and liquid is evaporated. Allow time to cool.
- Meanwhile, soak rice noodles in hot water approx 30 minutes. Drain and cut into 4" peices ( I use kitchen shears). Add to cooked cabbage mixture.
- Defrost spring roll shells 15-20 minutes at room temp. Cover with wet clean towel until ready to use. Otherwise, they will dry out.
Beat egg in separate bowl and set aside.
- Heat peanut or vegt oil in skillet on med/high heat about 1 1/2 " deep. Careful of splattering.
Add 2-3 TBS of filling to center of each shell and roll as directed on package. Seal edges with beaten egg.
Fry on all sides until lightly golden brown- approx 2-3 minutes. Drain on several paper towels.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or try with Sweet and Hot Chili sauce. Very good! Enjoy! :-)
(Ps: IF you have leftovers, reheat in moderate oven for crispier rolls. They get soft in the fridge)