Very good appetizers!
1/2 lbfresh or frozen raw shrimp
1/2 cchopped green onions with tops
1/4 tspsesame oil
1 dash(es)white pepper
5 slicewhite bread
·vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Shrimp Toast
- Peel shrimp. If shrimp is frozen, don't thaw; peel under running cold water. Make a shallow cut lenghtwise, down back of each shrimp; wash out sand vein. Cut shrimp lengthwise into halves.
You may buy shrimp that is already deveined to save time.
- Mix shrimp, onions, flour, water, egg, cornstarch, salt, sugar, sesame oil and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil (about 1 1/2 inches) in wok at 350 degrees or heavy bottom pan that is deep enough to hold the oil.
- Remove crusts from bread; cut each slice into 4 squares. Place 1 or 2 shrimp with sauce on each bread square.
- Fry 5 squares at a time until golden brown, turning frequently (about every 2 minutes).
Drain on paper towel and serve.