Pork Char Siu (BBQ Pork)
- 5-7 lb. pork loin (cut in quarter lengthwise
- 3/4 cup hoison sauce
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sherry wine
- 2 1/2 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp red food coloring
How to Make Pork Char Siu (BBQ Pork)
- 1Mix hoison sauce, soy sauce, sugar, sherry wine, ginger, garlic, and food coloring in bowl
- 2Put pork loin in gallon zip lock bag ( you might have to use two bags)
- 3Pour sauce mixture in bag(s) Get as much of the air out and let marinate for at least 1-2 hours massaging the bag from time to time in the fridge.
- 4Take pork out and put on cooking pan or baking sheet and cook at 250 for 2 hrs.or untill pork reaches 140-150 degrees internally.
- 5cool and slice to desire thickness. Enjoy with sesame seeds, ketchup and hot mustard!!