1 lbground pork
2 cloveminced garlic
1 csliced green onion
1/2 cminced carrots
1/2 cfinely chopped cabbage
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tspshoyu sauce (soy sauce)
30egg roll wrappers
2 coil for frying
How to Make Lumpia
- Fry the ground pork with the minced garlic.
- When well done remove from frying pan and let cool.
- The recipe called for 1/2 regular onion and 1/2 green onion but I preferred to use all green onion so that was 1 cup of green onion for my recipe.
- mince the carrots and cabbage.
- mix the veggies in with the cooked pork.
- add salt, pepper, garlic powder and shoyu sauce and combine with the pork and veggies
- Put all back in the frying pan with a little oil and cook for a few minutes to slightly cook the veggies.
- take the filling out of the frying pan and into a bowl to cool.
- When cooled off get your egg roll wrappers out and place the filling on the eggroll wrapper. Run the edges of the egg roll wrapper with the beaten egg to seal when the lumpia is rolled. ( I used just plain water instead of beaten egg for the sealer) Works just as well to me as the beaten egg.
- When you get all of the lumpia rolled. Get your wok or frying pan heated up to cook and cook both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- NOTE: Because this makes alot of lumpia I only cooked enough for our meal and the rest I wrapped each one in saran wrap and put in freezer bags for other meals.