1. A wok would be great, but, not necessary! Use a large sauté or frying pan if you don’t have a wok.
2. Heat your pan over medium high heat until it is very hot!
3. Have all your ingredients ready to go when you start cooking. The process goes very quickly!
4. *If at all possible, use cooled or refrigerated rice. The rice grains will be firmer and won’t get mushy during the cooking process.
5. Keep things moving in your pan! Use a spatula or large spoon, but, keep stirring and tossing everything!
6. Let’s get started!
2Heat your wok or pan over medium high heat until very hot. Add oil, then your onions and carrots.
3Keep the veggies moving, when the onions and carrots start to soften, add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
4Now, looking at your vegetable additions, decide which will take the longest to cook and add those vegetables to the pan first! For instance, broccoli, cabbage and asparagus will take the longest, put those in the pan first and let them cook for 2 – 3 minutes before adding mushrooms, peas or spinach.
5Cook the veggies until crisp tender (maybe 5 – 6 minutes).
Remember, keep everything moving!
6Add in the rice, breaking up any clumps, keep everything moving and cook for 2 minutes to heat the rice.
7Add in your protein and mix this all together, cook for 2 – 3 minutes to heat your protein.
8Toss in scallions, mix and serve. Top with additional scallions and peanuts, if desired.