They asked for it over and over again. It was always a welcome treat. The only questions left to answer we're when or pork or chicken? Hope you enjoy it as much as our family and friends do.
PS: The photos will be added as soon as possible. For some reason, I was not able to upload them to this recipe. I'll keep working on it, and post it as soon as I am able to.
- chicken parts-2 to 3 pieces per person minimum
- large yellow onion-sliced into half rings
- 4-6 clove
- garlic-peeled, crushed and roughly chopped (more if you like)
- 1 1/4 c
- cider vinegar
- 1 1/3 c
- white cane vinegar
- 3/4 c
- soy sauce
- 1/2 c
- worcestershire sauce
- large bay leaves
- cooking oil-enough to cost the bottom of the pan
- 1/4 c
- whole allspice
- 1/4 c
- whole peppercorns
- peppercorns and whole all spice may be tied into a sachet or place in a mesh spice ball to make removal before eating easier. be sure the sachet or spice ball is well emerssed during cooking to adequately season the dish.
- 1/2 to 1
- thumb ginger-peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- salt & pepper to taste
- dried lily flower
- substitute: pork butt-cut into equal sized cubes(recommend 1to 1.5 inch cubes)
- 1-2 c
- some folks like to cook the two meats separately, then add them to the same bowl to serve. others will use the one pot method mentioned below.
- if you want to mix pork & chicken in one dish, brown/sear the chicken first and set it aside. begin cooking the pork. when the pork is just over half-way cooked. it is time to add the chicken pieces and finish cooking them with the pork.