Fumi Salad - a great dish for summer!
It's best assembled just before serving so that it will have that light, crunchy texture. Make the dressing ahead of time and then you can have all ingredients ready just before serving...toss them all together and serve....everyone loves this salad!
1head of chopped or shredded green cabbage
8 Tbspslivered almonds
8 Tbspsesame seeds
8green onions, chopped
2 pkgtop ramen (any flavor) broken into pieces
1 1/4 csalad or sesame oil
2 tspaccent flavor enhancer
8 Tbsprice vinegar
How to Make Fumi Salad - a great dish for summer!
- Lightly brown almonds and sesame seeds in a bit of butter or oil.
- Mix cabbage and onion in a large bowl, adding uncooked ramen noodles (crushed), almonds and sesame seeds. (You may want to use red and green cabbage for more color)
- Mix last 6 ingredients together to make the salad dressing...it's delicious!
- Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Optional: Add about 2 to 3 cups of shredded chicken if you would like to serve this salad as a main course. I grill my chicken, slice it and arrange on the top of the salad for presentation.