It is very versitile, you can add or change almost any ingredient to adapt to any taste or diet requirement.
I always give out copies of the recipe when I take it to pot lucks, as it is good warm as well as fresh.
It keeps up to 6 days in the fridge. Reheat in pan or micro, adding a bit more soy to moisten.
- 6 c
- steamed rice (i use long grain)
- 3/4 c
- soy sauce, dark
- 9 large
- scrambled eggs, spiced to taste (no salt)
- 1 1/4 c
- sliced green onions
- 1 c
- thawed frozen peas (or your fave veg)
- 1 c
- cooked, cubed meat, or crispy bacon (opt)
- 1/8 c
- canola, olive, or peanut oil, or bacon grease
How to Make Fried Rice
- 1While rice is steaming using your favorite method, (or use leftover cold rice) cook meat/bacon, use leftovers or go vegetarian. Place frozen peas in warm/hot water to thaw. Slice green onions. Scramble eggs with spices to taste.
- 2Heat wok or large dutch oven with canola or olive oil, also peanut oil works well.
Add steamed or cold rice and stir to break clumps, heat through, and coat w/oil.
Add soy sauce and stir to coat, breaking up lumps. If I use cold rice, sometimes I warm the soy sauce in the micro for a minute before adding. When coated to suit you, add scrambled eggs, 1 Cup sliced onions, your choice of cubed cooked meat, and drained peas, stirring to mix and heat.
Serve with remaining onions as garnish.