★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 lblean ground beef
1/2 lblean ground pork
1/2 lbbulk hot sausage
2medium onions, finely chopped
2 cfinely chopped celery
2 can(s)8 oz. each, bean sprouts, drained
1 1/2 lb(3 cups) shrimp, boiled, peeled and chopped
2 can(s)8 oz.each, water chestnuts, sliced and drained
5 Tbspsoy sauce
·flour to thickened
6 pkg20 oz. each, egg roll wrapper skins
How to Make Egg Rolls
- Brown meats with onion and celery. Stir in bean sprouts, shrimp and water chestnuts. Cook over low, blending well.j
- Stir in soy sauce and flour to thicken. Cool mixture.
- Place 2 tablespoons of mixture on edge of each egg roll skin. Roll snugly, tucking in ends and sealing with moistened fingertips.
- Deep fry in hot oil for 5 minutes. Serve with sweet and sour sauce or chinese hot mustard.
- NOTE: These freeze exceptionally well. Place egg rolls on a cookie sheet, freeze until firm, store in heavy duty freezer bags.