Down-Home Fried Rice1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1 1/2 c
- onion thinly sliced
- celery stalks, sliced
- minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp
- ginger root, minced
- 1 small
- red bell pepper, diced
- 4 c
- long grain rice, cooked
- 1/4 c
- beef broth, reduced sodium
- 5/8 lb
- cured ham, shredded
- 1 lb
- shrimp, cooked and sliced crosswise
- 1/4 lb
- snow peas, lightly blanched and thin strips
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1/2 c
- scallion, chopped
How to Make Down-Home Fried Rice
- 1In large, heavy casserole over medium-low heat, heat canola oil.
- 2Add onions, celery, garlic and ginger.
- 3Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- 4Add diced red pepper; cook 3 minutes.
- 5Add rice, broth and ham; cook 2 minutes, stirring ingredients to mix.
- 6Add shrimp and snow peas.
- 7Cook 1 minute longer and remove from heat.
- 8In bowl, beat eggs and soy sauce together.
- 9Push rice to sides of casserole, making well in center.
- 10Return casserole to medium-low heat; pour egg mixture into well.
- 11Stir with fork for about 1 minute, until eggs are just set.
- 12Gently fold into rice.
- 13Heat through and stir in scallions. (Serve immediately)