Down-Home Fried Rice1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 Tbspcanola oil
1 1/2 conion thinly sliced
4celery stalks, sliced
2minced garlic cloves
1 Tbspginger root, minced
1 smallred bell pepper, diced
4 clong grain rice, cooked
1/4 cbeef broth, reduced sodium
5/8 lbcured ham, shredded
1 lbshrimp, cooked and sliced crosswise
1/4 lbsnow peas, lightly blanched and thin strips
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1/2 cscallion, chopped
How to Make Down-Home Fried Rice
- In large, heavy casserole over medium-low heat, heat canola oil.
- Add onions, celery, garlic and ginger.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add diced red pepper; cook 3 minutes.
- Add rice, broth and ham; cook 2 minutes, stirring ingredients to mix.
- Add shrimp and snow peas.
- Cook 1 minute longer and remove from heat.
- In bowl, beat eggs and soy sauce together.
- Push rice to sides of casserole, making well in center.
- Return casserole to medium-low heat; pour egg mixture into well.
- Stir with fork for about 1 minute, until eggs are just set.
- Gently fold into rice.
- Heat through and stir in scallions. (Serve immediately)