Crispy Tamarind Fried Chicken
If there is anyone in the world who can eat fried chicken everyday, that would be ME! I love fried chicken..Yes, I know it is so unhealthy and kind of greasy, but hey, each and everyone of us has some kind of addiction. Ever wonder how Popeye's or KFC make their fried chicken? Same here! Wouldn't it be amazing if we can all make the same crispy and savory chicken at home? Oh well, I guess some recipes are hard to imitate so I just came up with my own. Hope you all enjoy.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 lb
- chicken wings
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 pkg
- tamarind powder
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley flakes
How to Make Crispy Tamarind Fried Chicken
- 1Boil all the pieces of chicken wings in the boiling liquid in a pot. Boil until all the liquid evaporates.
- 2Strain the chicken and let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
- 3Bread each piece of chicken wings. Dip in flour, eggs and panko breading with parsley flakes, consecutively.
- 4Deep fry the chicken pieces in a regular pan or a deep fryer.
- 5Make sure the temperature is 350 degrees if using a deep fryer. This may be a little tricky when using a regular pan. (I usually splash some water in the oil when I think the oil is hot enough. When it sizzles, that's how I know the oil is ready. It's weird I know but it's just my style ).
- 6Once the chicken pieces are golden brown and crispy, take out from fryer/pan and place in a platter with paper towels. Serve hot and enjoy.
You May Also Like:
Leave a Comment