Crispy Tamarind Fried Chicken
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 lbchicken wings
1 1/2 cwater
1 pkgtamarind powder
·panko bread crumbs
1 Tbspparsley flakes
How to Make Crispy Tamarind Fried Chicken
- Boil all the pieces of chicken wings in the boiling liquid in a pot. Boil until all the liquid evaporates.
- Strain the chicken and let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
- Bread each piece of chicken wings. Dip in flour, eggs and panko breading with parsley flakes, consecutively.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces in a regular pan or a deep fryer.
- Make sure the temperature is 350 degrees if using a deep fryer. This may be a little tricky when using a regular pan. (I usually splash some water in the oil when I think the oil is hot enough. When it sizzles, that's how I know the oil is ready. It's weird I know but it's just my style ).
- Once the chicken pieces are golden brown and crispy, take out from fryer/pan and place in a platter with paper towels. Serve hot and enjoy.