Cauliflower fried "rice"
- head cauliflower
- vegetable oil
- cloves minced garlic
- small knob grated ginger (optional, but tasty)
- green onions (white and green)
- 6 oz
- salmon filet (or any cooked meat) the frozen salad shrimp in grocery store work well also.
- 3 slice
- fried bacon (optional)
- 1 tsp
- garlic-chili sauce (optional)
- 2 tsp
- soy sauce (to taste)
How to Make Cauliflower fried "rice"
- 1Remove leaves and stalks from cauliflower and discard. Grate head with box grater or grating blade on food processor until finely chopped. Sliver radishes and carrot. I use a vegetable peeler for this step. Clean and slice green onions.
- 2Prepare your meat to be added. You can use any cooked meat. In this instance, I used a salmon filet that had been cooked and leftover from a previous meal so I broke it into bite size flakes. The salad shrimp you can buy in the freezer section of the grocery are good.
- 3Add vegetable oil to bottom of wok or large skillet
- 4When oil is hot, add garlic and cook til fragrant, stirring constantly.
- 5Add green onions and cook, stirring, one minute. Then add radishes, carrot and ginger, stirring, one minute.
- 6Add cauliflower and continue to stir fry five minutes (or so) stirring constantly.
- 7Add garlic-chili sauce and soy sauce.
- 8Either push the vegetable mixture to the side or make a well in the middle of the mixture in the bottom of your cooking utensil. Add a little more oil and pour in eggs which have been beaten.
- 9Cook until eggs are done but moist. Pull the vegetable mixture into the eggs and add cooked meat. Sprinkle cooked, crumbled bacon over top.
- 10Add more soy sauce to your helping, if desired.