Best Chicken Abobo
Adobo is a Filipino word meaning seasoned. When King Philip stopped at the islands he was struck by the local habit of stewing meat until tender with vinegar and spices. Allow time to marinate! Serve it with steamed rice and sauteed snow peas! Enjoy!!!!
1 1/2 lbboneless skinless chicken thighs
8 cloveminced garlic
1/3 cchicken broth
1/3 cwhite wine vinegar
2 Tbspsoy sauce
2 Tbspdark brown sugar
1 tspcoarsley ground pepper
How to Make Best Chicken Abobo
- Combine all ingredients in a zip top bag. Marinate for 2 - 24 hrs.
- Slide all ingredients into a 12 inch skillet. Chicken should be half submerged.
- Heat to a boil: reduce to a simmer. Cook uncovered, 8 minutes. Turn chicken and cook until tender, 8 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high. Cook, stirring, until chicken glistens deep brown and sauce has all but vanished, 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and serve over rice.