BASIC CHINESE CAKE NOODLE RECIPE
Jo Anne Sugimoto
A member had asked what cake noodles were in my other post for Chinese Minute Chicken Bites, so I decides that it would be great to post the cake noodle recipe, too! :)
- 1/2 lb
- fresh chinese egg noodles, or any oriental noodle
- 6 c
- enough water to boil the noodles in
- 1/8 tsp
- sesame oil, or just enough to keep the noodles from sticking together
- 2 Tbsp
- peanut oil to fry the noodles, or you can also use vegetable oil
NOTE: DO NOT USE A LOT OF SESAME OIL AS IT HAS
A VERY STRONG, NUTTY FLAVOR AND CAN SOMETIMES
OVER POWER THE OTHER FLAVORS IN YOUR DISH.
How to Make BASIC CHINESE CAKE NOODLE RECIPE
- 1Bring the water to boil and add the fresh noodles to it.
- 2Boil the noodles till tender but firm.
- 3Drain the noodles in a colander and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- 4In a large skillet pan, heat about 2 Tbsp. of peanut oil, you can use vegetable oil, too.
- 5Move the pan so that the oil is well distributed.
- 6With just a few drops of sesame oil, mix with the well drained noodles so that they won't stick together.
- 7Add all the noodles to the skillet and evenly distribute the noodles so that they cover the whole bottom of the pan.
- 8Don't walk away, watch the noodles as they start browning, when it is golden brown, gently and carefully flip it over and do the same for the other side.
- 9When it is done, place it on a cutting board and cut them into about 2 1/2-inch squares.
- 10Place on serving platters and garnish with your favorite Chinese entree.