Baked Egg Rolls
Baking these actually makes this a healthy dish. My kids kept saying they felt like they were in a Chinese restaurant when they ate these with my fried rice for dinner.
2-3 cshredded cabbage, carrots, green pepper, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, mushroom and/or peas
1 tspsesame or olive oil
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 Tbsp+ 1 tsp cornstarch
1 Tbspsoy sauce
1 tspbrown sugar
3-4 dash(es)hot sauce or cayenne pepper (opt)
1 ccooked, shredded meat of choice or baby shrimp
12egg roll wrappers
How to Make Baked Egg Rolls
- Cook vegetables & garlic in oil until crisp tender about 2-3 minutes.
- Add meat & heat through.
- Combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce, brown sugar & hot sauce.
- Stir into vegetable mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then bring down to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place wrapper like a diamond in front of you. Place 1/4 cup of filling a little below the center of it.
- Fold in sides, then bottom & wrap tightly.
- Place onto greased cookie sheet seam side down.
- Brush with olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400' for 10-15 minutes turning halfway through.