Asian Sticky Wings with a Little Kick!
(Photo by me)
- 2 lbs.
- chicken wings and drumettes
- 1 cup
- regular soy sauce, you can sub light/low sodium but then may need salt
- 2 cups
- dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbl.
- garlic powder
- 1 Tbl.
- ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp.
- cayenne powder, more if you love it really hot!
- small thin red hot chili peppers, or as desired for heat
- finely chopped shallot
How to Make Asian Sticky Wings with a Little Kick!
- 1Rinse wings and drumettes, and pat completely dry with paper towels.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place chicken, peppers (whole), and shallots into deep baking dish. Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl. Pour over chicken.
Place in oven for 1 1/2-2 hours or until chicken is extremely tender and sauce is sticky, turning chicken 3 times, carefully!, and stiring and basting after turning.
*IMPORTANT: Due to the hot cooked sugar, chicken and sauce will be VERY hot! Be careful and let chicken sit for at least 15-20 minutes before serving.
After resting, they can be transferred to a crock pot on low to keep warm.
Extra sauce can be served on the side for dipping.
Eating the peppers are for the brave!
(*Do not bake for less time or they will not be nearly as good. Baking time is important.)
- 2One last thing:
Lining your pan or baking dish with foil helps with the cleanup! You can also bake these in a throw-away foil pan.