Asian Noodle Salad
Always a favorite at potlucks, I've been asked for this recipe more than any other.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 pkgramen noodles
1/4red bell pepper, finely chopped
8-10frozen snow peas, cut into 1/2
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1 Tbsprice vinegar
1 Tbspsesame oil
1 Tbsppeanut oil (i like loriva roasted peanut oil)
1/8 tspground ginger
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1/4 tspdried minced onions
1/4 tspred pepper flakes
1/4 csalted cocktail peanuts, chopped
How to Make Asian Noodle Salad
- In a large bowl, break the ramen noodles into chunks 1-2" square. Set aside. (Don't skip this step. If you try to break the noodles directly into the boiling water, some of your noodles will be overcooked and the salad will not taste as good.)
- In a large pot, place enough water to cover the noodles. Add seasoning packets from noodle packages and bring to a boil.
- While the water is heating, mix together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, oils, ginger, garlic, onion, and pepper flakes. Whisk until blended. Add bell peppers and snow peas and stir to coat.
- When the water is at a full boil, add all of the noodle pieces at once. Set a timer for 3 minutes; overcooking the noodles will result in a mushy salad! Gently press the noodles under the water to break up the chunks. When done, drain the noodles - DO NOT RINSE! Place the noodles back in the large bowl and pour in dressing. Mix until noodes are well coated. It may look like there is not enough dressing, just keep stirring.
- Add chopped peanuts last. Stir to mix in. (You might want to chop a few extra to sprinkle on the top for presentation.)
- **Except for the liquids in this recipe, I do not measure to make this. Adjust the seasonings to your taste. The recipe can easily be doubled. I have made this with grilled chicken, and it probably would be good with some stir-fried tofu or tempe, but I prefer to leave it as is.