- 6 Med size Carrots (shredded)
- 3 Lg Onions (chopped)
- 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/3 C Cooking oil
- 6 28oz Cans tomatoes
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- 1 Tbs Salt
- 1 Tbs Dried basil (crushed)
- 2 tsp Dried oregano (crushed)
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 2 Bay leaves
How to Make Italian Sauce
- 1In an 8 to 10 quart Dutch oven, cook carrots, onion, and garlic in hot cooking oil until onion is tender but not brown.
- 2Add undrained tomatoes, sugar, salt, basil, oregano, pepper, and bay leaves.
Boil gently, uncovered for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours
Cool Italian Sauce.
Remove bay leaves and discard.
Place about 1/4 of the mixture at a time in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 3Package Italian Sauce in four 1 cup and six 2 cup portions.Label containers with contents, amount and the date.
Freeze until ready for use.