Herb Baked Onion Bloom
- 1 lg. onion (3 to 3 1/2 in. wide)
- 1 Tbs. butter (or margarine)
- 1 tsp. dried thyme or oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley or paprika (optional)
How to Make Herb Baked Onion Bloom
- 1Cut about 1/2-inch off top of onion; peel onion.
- 2Cut onion into 12 to 16 vertical wedges, leaving root base intact.
- 3Set bloomed onion on 14 x 10 inch foil piece.
- 4Top onion with butter, thyme or oregano, rosemary and salt and pepper, to taste.
- 5Wrap foil around seasoned bloom and pinch edges together tightly.
- 6Placed wrapped onion upright on pan.
- 7Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes, or until tender and cooked but "petals" still have body and stand upright.
- 8If desired, sprinkle with minced parsley or paprika. Baked wrapped onion may be held in warm location for up to 1 hour before serving.