Garden Style Fish with Onions and Bell Peppers
Photo provided by: Onions-usa.org
- 2 C. yellow onion, sliced
- 1 C. green and/or red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. white fish fillets (tilapia, sole, perch or orange roughy)
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- Garlic salt, to taste
- 1/2 C. vegetable broth (or white wine)
How to Make Garden Style Fish with Onions and Bell Peppers
- 1Sauté onion and bell pepper in large skillet in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly sautéed.
- 2Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add 1 tablespoon oil to pan.
- 3Place fish in single layer in pan.
- 4Spoon vegetables over fish and sauté 2 to 5 minutes (depending upon thickness of fillets) or until fish are cooked halfway through.
- 5Turn fish, sprinkle with marjoram and garlic salt and finish cooking.
- 6Add broth or wine to pan and continue to cook, uncovered until liquid reduces slightly.
- 7Serve fish with juices from the pan and the vegetables over the top.