Fresh Peas with Green Onions and Basil
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 C. shelled peas
- 2 green onions, white and light green parts, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- pinch dried pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 C. basil leaves, torn
- Parmesan cheese
- Coarse salt
- Fresh ground pepper
How to Make Fresh Peas with Green Onions and Basil
- 1In a medium skillet, heat olive oil and pepper flakes over medium heat.
- 2Add peas and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- 3Add chopped green onions and cook, stirring, for an additional 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Add lemon juice and basil. Remove from heat, and stir to combine.
- 5Divide between two bowls. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese, and serve.