Fresh Pasta with Onion and Pork
- 1 1/4 lb. pork loin sirloin chops (or pork shoulder blade steaks)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 med. onion (10 oz.), cut into narrow wedges
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Italian recipe stewed tomatoes
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) linguini pasta
- Grated parmesan and fresh or dried minced herbs
How to Make Fresh Pasta with Onion and Pork
- 1Trim off fat from the chops or blade steaks.
- 2Trim the meat from bones, and cut into small cubes.
- 3Dust pork with cumin and oregano.
- 4Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and pork and sauté until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes and heat.
- 6Cook linguine in boiling water about 2 minutes or as package directs.
- 7Drain and serve with pork-onion sauce on top. Sprinkle with cheese and herbs.