Hot Spiced Apple Cider
- 1 gal
- apple cider (not apple juice) must be cider!
- heaping tablespoon whole allspice
- heaping tablespoon whole cloves
- 3 or 4
- whole cinnamon sticks (the fresher the better)
- 2 1/2 c
How to Make Hot Spiced Apple Cider
- 1Must have a large cooking pot with a tight fitting lid. This will cook on the stove. Empty a one gallon jug of real apple cider into the pot. Turn on the heat to medium-hi heat.
- 2Put spices into the pot, as well as the cinnamon sticks and stir well. Stir in the sugar. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, then reduce heat to low and simmer another 40-45 minutes, more or less... Remove the cover every 10 minutes or so to stir and cover it again.
- 3During this time, the smells will waft through the house and bring the Holidays with it! Strain out the spices and cinnamon sticks, stir and keep warm on the stove. If it cooks down after a certain amount of time, it may taste too strong, so you may add some more apple cider to it. This is a wonderful drink to serve at your holiday parties and kids love it! I do know this will warm you like no other hot drink I know of!
Bon apetit' Y'all!