Drema's "Spiced Coffee"
Gorgeous served in punch bowl with floating clove-studded orange halves!
I wanted to share this and I hope you will enjoy!
- 4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar, light
- 4 stick
- cinnamon sticks (3
- 1/2 c
- orange zest ( about 2 oranges)
- 1/2 tsp
- allspsice, whole
- 2 Tbsp
- instant coffee
- oranges, seedless halved
- cloves, whole with stems
How to Make Drema's "Spiced Coffee"
- 1In large sauce pan combine all ingredients except coffee oranges and whole cloves. Heat to boiling. Remove from heat and strain. Immediately pour hot liquid over instant coffee and stir until completely dissolved.
- 2To serve in punch bowl. Slice oranges in half. Pierce top skin of each slightly (toothpick rounded works) and insert whole cloves into each orange half. (It usually looks pretty with about 20 in each - I also around edges).
- 3Transfer liquid to punch bowl and float the orange halves, clove side up on top. I usually float 3-4 orange halves (depending on orange and bowl size) in a large punch bowl.
- 4Tip: You may tie up your spices as opposed to straining if this appeals to you! Remove the bag before serving.