Summertime Iced Tea
- 8 cups
- tea bags (orange pekoe and black)
- fresh spearmint leaves
- 1 cup
- 1 (12 oz.)
- can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 4 cups
- cold water
- lemon slices, to garnish
- of fresh spearmint, to garnish
- 1 gallon
- size heat-proof glass jar
How to Make Summertime Iced Tea
- 1Place the spearmint leaves and tea bags in a heat-proof gallon size jar.
- 2In a large saucepan, bring the 8 cups of water to almost a boil, just until you see a few bubbles starting to come to the surface.
- 3Pour the heated water into the large heat-proof jar; cover the jar with a glass plate. I used an 8-1/2 inch glass dessert plate, and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- 4After the tea has steeped, discard the teabags and mint leaves. Add the sugar, and stir thoroughly.
- 5Cover the jar with the plate, and let set at room temp to cool. (I let mine sit for 1 hr. & 30 mins.)
- 6Now add the frozen lemonade and cold water; stir well.
- 7Refrigerate to chill and serve later, or pour into beverage glasses filled with a few large ice cubes, and serve immediately.
- 8Garnish beverage glasses with lemon slices, and sprigs of fresh spearmint leaves, if desired.
- 9Note: I just wanted to let everyone know... The other day I made this iced tea, but found I only had 12 mint leaves, so I also used 2 Bigelow Plantation Black Spearmint Tea Bags (along with 12 black flavored tea bags). I felt the taste of the spearmint really came through, and the tea was quite refreshing and delicious!